How the most forward-looking organisations leverage work-life integration to attract talent and foster employee wellbeing
One Life is a must-read guide to successfully adopt work-life integration within your organisation. How can you attract and retain talent, reduce and prevent burnout, engage and motivate employees? You’ll find the answer in this book. Bursting with real examples and multidisciplinary case studies from all over the world, One Life is a fundamental reading for leaders, line-managers and small business owners alike.
The book covers all aspects of Work-Life Integration Management, from theory to practice. It contains the following:
- a framework for organisations to situate work-life issues
- a work-life integration maturity model allowing organisations to assess their current level of maturity, and learn where there is room to grow
- the fundamental elements of Work-Life Integration Management
- a whole chapter dedicated to adidas, and their work-life integration department
After reading this book you’ll be inspired to get to work and take work-life integration in your organisation to the next level.
Table of contents
How is this book organised?
1. The Time is Now
What is work-life integration?
Where to start?
Why should you keep reading this book?
What will tip the scales?
2. The Work-Life Integration Management Framework and Maturity Model
The map: the Framework for work-life integration
If you want to go far, don’t go alone
The GPS: the Maturity Model
3. adidas case-study
Children at adidas
Strategy – “Creating the New“
Culture – 3 Cs
Visionary work-life integration programmes and policies
Lessons learnt and the way forward
4. Strategic Work-Life Integration Management
Three spheres of infl uence of Work-life Integration Management
Implementing strategy through work-life programmes and projects
Visible expression and work-life integration
The norms and values which govern work-life integration
Basic assumptions about work-life issues
Work organisation and job design
5. Putting work-life integration into practice
The Work-Life Integration Management Plan
An overview of the current work-life integration situation in the workplace
Positioning work-life integration within the strategy of the organisation
Structure and its place within the organisation
Functional responsibilities and roles
Performance measures on work-life integration
Maintenance and long-term thinking
6. The way forward
Peer support and the power of the network